Birmingham Printmakers is an artist-led, membership organisation providing printmaking facilities for our members. We are a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee registered in England, company number 10351520.
We provide access to our workshop at the Jubilee Centre in Birmingham City Centre so that people can make prints, develop their artistic practice and explore the art of printmaking. Our facilities include a dark room and equipment for intaglio and relief printing, screen printing, lithography and letterpress printing.
We run printmaking courses for adults at our workshop and deliver bespoke courses off-site for private companies, schools, colleges, universities, community groups, art galleries, museums, hospitals etc.
We have a long and distinguished track record of exhibiting regionally and nationally and are proud to contribute to the cultural life of our city.
Our printmaking equipment includes:
- A U.V. exposure unit size approx. 100 x 80cm
- Two hand operated screen printing beds for printing onto paper
- A Bewick and Wilson press bed size approx. 120 x 60cm
- A Tofko Norup etching & litho press bed size approx. 135 x 78 cm
- An Albion press bed size approx. 40 x 55cm
- A stone lithography press, a 25 x 37cm pin press
- A tiny portable printing press 40 x 23 cm
- Three Adana letter presses.
Find out more about our members and how to become a member here.
Enquire about our printmaking courses and workshops here.