Birmingham Printmakers is a company limited by guarantee, incorporated in England and Wales, company number 10351520. The registered office is at Unit 312 Jubilee Centre, 130 Pershore Street, Birmingham, B5 6ND. BPM is a ‘data controller’ for the purposes of the applicable data protection law in the UK, currently the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016. This means we are responsible for, and control the processing of, any personal information you provide to us.
Information we may collect about you.
BPM collects basic personal data about you which does not include any special categories of information (as defined in the act).
Information we collect from members: Your name, date of birth and contact details, address, email and telephone number as well as a photographic image of your face.
Information we collect from workshop participants: Your name and some contact details.
Information we collect about members, workshop participants and visitors. Photographic images may be collected at events such as exhibitions organised by BPM, courses and open days, these may include photographic images which identify individuals. You may give us your information by filling in a form or by corresponding with us in writing, by telephone, email or by speaking with a committee member or technician.
If you ask to be put on an email mailing list: We do not currently collect information about you or your email address. Cookies collected on the website are not stored or used by Birmingham Printmakers. The cookies collected on our website are used by your browser to help store and load internet files that would enable our website to load and display correctly on your device or browser. We do not currently collect any marketing or analytics information based on your visit to our website. Birmingham Print Makers reserve the right to change how and what information we collect via our website, we will update our policies to reflect any amendments to data collection.
Why we need your data.
Members of BPM: We need your basic personal data in order to provide you with on-going organisational updates about the running of Birmingham Printmakers such as notices about the workshop, committee meetings, changes to policies, fees and to communicate with you about upcoming events, exhibitions and courses. In summary we need your data for the administration of the services (membership of and access to the workshop) we may provide to you. This includes contacting you to provide you with information and updates you have requested about these activities.
Workshop participants: We need your basic personal data in order to provide you with information about upcoming events, exhibitions and courses. This includes contacting you to provide you with information and updates you have requested about these activities.
If you ask to be put on an email mailing list: We need your basic personal data in order to provide you with information about upcoming events, exhibitions and courses. This includes contacting you to provide you with information and updates you have requested about these activities.
What we do with your data.
The personal data we collect is processed by members of the voluntary committee and/or our technician. Data is stored securely both in paper format and electronically by the Membership Secretary and the Technician. Our data storage is reviewed every two years.
We may need to disclose your personal data to our agents and sub-contractors to help us to fulfil our purposes described in the ‘why we need your data’ section above. For instance this could be an outside contractor to build or manage the BPM website. We may also need to disclose your personal data to law enforcement agencies, regulatory bodies, auditors and professional advisers to comply with any legal obligation; or protect the rights, property, or safety of BPM, its members, or others; or to obtain any related professional advice.
We may use your data to contact you to inform you about courses, events and other developments connected with BPM for both members and non-members.
How long we keep your data.
We will not keep your personal data for longer than is necessary. We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after you have ceased being a member/attending a course or being involved in an open day or exhibition etc after which time it will be destroyed.
What are your rights?
- You have the right to request a copy of your information which we hold (this is known as a subject access request). You must do this in writing to Birmingham Printmakers Unit 312 Jubilee Centre, 130 Pershore Street, Birmingham, B5 6ND.
- You have the right to correct any mistakes in your information: You can require us to correct any mistakes in your personal data which we hold about you.
- You have the right to ask us to stop contacting you about any courses and events that BPM are delivering.
- Where we have relied on your consent for the processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. If you wish to withdraw you consent please email BPM at info@firstname.lastname@example.org
- If at any point you believe the information we process on you is incorrect you can request to see this information and have it corrected or deleted. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact us to have the matter investigated.
- If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office https://ico.org.uk/